LOS ANGELES–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Feb 16, 2021–
Premier international vitamin firm, Herbalife Diet, is celebrating the success of its Diet for Zero Starvation initiative. This ongoing initiative is aimed toward eradicating starvation and up to now the corporate and the Herbalife Diet Basis have donated greater than $3 million in monetary assist and in-kind presents.
In accordance with the Meals and Agricultural Group, one in three folks on this planet undergo from some type of malnutrition. Diet for Zero Starvation goals to enhance as many communities as doable by means of wholesome vitamin and training by funding main international organizations, together with Feed the Youngsters and The Starvation Mission, amongst others.
“We all know what it takes to eradicate starvation and have the power to take action. The actual query is whether or not we’ve got the desire to take action. Working with our unbelievable and devoted accomplice organizations, we’re dedicated to doing our half to eradicate starvation and have been capable of attain communities all world wide. There’s nonetheless a lot to do and we’re not giving up till we carry starvation to zero,” mentioned Alan Hoffman, Govt Vice President for Company Affairs at Herbalife Diet.
Whereas Diet for Zero Starvation aligns with the United Nations Sustainable Improvement Aim 2 – Zero Starvation, which seeks to finish starvation in all its varieties by 2030 and obtain meals safety and improved vitamin worldwide, here’s what the initiative, along with its companions, has completed up to now:
- Offered almost 700,000 nutritious meals to kids and households
- Donated greater than 800,000 servings of Herbalife Diet merchandise to communities in want
- Supported greater than 87,000 beneficiaries with important dietary dietary supplements and vitamin training to scale back nutrient deficiency and assist wholesome baby improvement
As a worldwide firm, most of the 94 international locations the place Herbalife Diet operates are discovering methods to make an affect in their very own communities by means of the Diet for Zero Starvation initiative:
- North America
- By way of a partnership with Feed the Youngsters, funding was used to supply meals in addition to meals and necessities for households in the US.
- Greater than $1.4 million of in-kind Herbalife Diet merchandise have been donated to greater than 5 nonprofit organizations
- Over 3,500 lbs of meals have been offered to native meals banks.
- By way of native nonprofit organizations, an in-kind present of roughly 5,600 items of Herbalife Diet product was donated, offering 168,000 nutrient-dense servings.
- Asia Pacific
- A 12-week academic program, entitled the “Diet for Zero Starvation STAR Program,” teaches kids to construct wholesome consuming and common train habits. Individuals in this system embody 22 Herbalife Diet Basis Casa companions and over 1,200 kids in 9 international locations.
- Central and South America
- 20 nonprofit organizations obtained funding to help with COVID-19 and catastrophe reduction efforts for Hurricane Eta and Hurricane Iota.
- 15 nonprofits in 13 international locations obtained greater than 380,000 items of Herbalife Diet product
- Funding to teach almost 1,500 rural docs on the significance of offering high quality vitamin whereas eradicating starvation.
Since 2005, the corporate has been dedicated to giving again by means of the Herbalife Diet Basis (HNF). HNF helps 168 community-based Casa Herbalife Diet companions across the globe that assist carry good vitamin to socially weak communities and assist to organizations centered on selling entry, training and empowerment of excellent vitamin, normal wellness and catastrophe reduction. In 2020, the Basis donated $4.47 million to 168 of its international Casa Herbalife Diet Applications to assist enhance native communities.
To study extra about Herbalife Diet, go to IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com. To obtain the newest firm updates from Herbalife Diet, comply with us on Twitter: @HerbalifeNews.
About Herbalife Diet
Herbalife Diet is a worldwide firm that has been altering folks’s lives with nice vitamin merchandise and a confirmed enterprise alternative for its unbiased distributors since 1980. The corporate provides high-quality, science-backed merchandise, offered in over 90 international locations by entrepreneurial distributors who present one-on-one teaching and a supportive neighborhood that evokes their prospects to embrace a more healthy, extra energetic life-style. By way of the corporate’s international marketing campaign to eradicate starvation, Herbalife Diet can also be dedicated to bringing vitamin and training to communities world wide.
About Diet for Zero Starvation
By way of Diet for Zero Starvation, Herbalife Diet is dedicated to eradicating starvation, meals insecurity and malnutrition. As a frontrunner within the vitamin business, we’re dedicated to addressing this want by means of mixed efforts for entry to wholesome vitamin and vitamin training. Diet for Zero Starvation aligns with the United Nation’s Sustainable Improvement Aim 2, which requires daring motion to finish malnutrition in all its varieties by 2030, in addition to options to finish international starvation and enhance vitamin worldwide. The initiative addresses international starvation, meals safety and malnutrition by means of key commitments to make sure higher entry, training and empowerment of wholesome vitamin worldwide.
KEYWORD: MEXICO CHINA UNITED STATES SOUTH AMERICA CENTRAL AMERICA NORTH AMERICA ASIA PACIFIC CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: PHILANTHROPY FAMILY CONSUMER OTHER EDUCATION FOOD/BEVERAGE FITNESS & NUTRITION EDUCATION FOUNDATION RETAIL CHILDREN ALTERNATIVE MEDICINE OTHER PHILANTHROPY HEALTH
SOURCE: Herbalife Diet
Copyright Enterprise Wire 2021.
PUB: 02/16/2021 09:00 AM/DISC: 02/16/2021 09:01 AM
Copyright Enterprise Wire 2021.