Harrisburg, PA – The Pennsylvania Division of Well being right now confirmed as of 12:00 a.m., February 20, that there have been 2,818 further optimistic instances of COVID-19, bringing the statewide complete to 911,591.
There are 2,061 people hospitalized with COVID-19. Of that quantity, 441 sufferers are within the intensive care unit with COVID-19. Many of the sufferers hospitalized are ages 65 or older, and many of the deaths have occurred in sufferers 65 or older. Extra knowledge is obtainable here.
The development within the 14-day transferring common variety of hospitalized sufferers per day is about 3,500 decrease than it was on the peak on December 25, 2020. The present 14-day common is slightly below what it was on the top of the spring peak on Could 3, 2020.
Statewide p.c positivity for the week of February 12 – February 18 stood at 6.5%.
As of 11:59 p.m., Friday, February 19, there have been 90 new deaths recognized by the Pennsylvania dying registry, for a complete of 23,570 deaths attributed to COVID-19. County-specific data and a statewide map can be found on the COVID-19 Data Dashboard.
COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution
Pennsylvania hospitals started receiving shipments of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 14 and Moderna COVID-19 vaccine the week of Dec. 21. Please be aware that this does embody vaccine administration by means of the CVS and Walgreens as a part of the Federal Pharmacy Partnership. Vaccination numbers for Pennsylvania doesn’t embody Philadelphia, which is its personal jurisdiction, or federal services, that are working instantly with the federal authorities.
· This week, a complete of 326,850 doses may have been allotted by means of February 20:
o 183,575 first doses may have been allotted this week.
o 143,275 second doses may have been allotted this week.
· To this point, of the 2,766,400 doses allotted by means of February 20, now we have administered 1,931,557 doses complete by means of February 19:
o First doses, 88 p.c (1,421,115 administered of 1,610,175 allotted)
o Second doses, 44 p.c (510,442 administered of 1,156,225 allotted)
Masks-wearing is required in all companies and each time leaving house. Constant mask-wearing is crucial to stopping the unfold of COVID-19.
There are 107,257 people who’ve a optimistic viral antigen check and are thought-about possible instances and 637 people who’ve a optimistic serology check and both COVID-19 signs or a high-risk publicity.
There are 3,815,778,266 people who’ve examined adverse to this point.
In licensed nursing and private care properties, there are 65,992 resident instances of COVID-19, and 12,816 instances amongst staff, for a complete of 78,808 at 1,565 distinct services in all 67 counties. Out of complete deaths reported to PA-NEDSS, 12,223 have occurred in residents from nursing or private care services. A county breakdown will be discovered here. Word that the variety of deaths reported to NEDSS will not be precisely the identical because the COVID-19 associated deaths reported by the dying registry. The variety of deaths amongst nursing and private care house residents and staff is taken from the PA-NEDSS dying knowledge, as this data will not be out there within the dying registry knowledge.
Roughly 24,419 of our complete instances are amongst well being care employees.
Statewide – The Wolf Administration has since midday, Feb. 19:
· Introduced that the Pike County Community Vaccination Clinic will be rescheduled.
Whereas vaccine provide from the federal authorities stays restricted, the Division of Well being is working to make sure the vaccine is supplied in a manner that’s moral, equitable and environment friendly. To maintain Pennsylvanians knowledgeable about vaccination efforts:
· The Your Turn software gives a approach to register to be alerted when it’s your flip to be vaccinated.
· A commonwealth COVID-19 vaccination guide explains the present course of for getting one. Pennsylvanians with questions concerning the vaccination course of can name the Division of Well being hotline at 1-877-724-3258.
· Vaccine provider map to discover a COVID-19 vaccine supplier close to you.
· The entire areas that obtained vaccine and the way a lot they’ve obtained will be discovered on the COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution webpage.
· Vaccine dashboard data can be discovered on the web site to seek out extra data on the doses administered and showcase demographic data.
· Continuously requested questions will be discovered here.
The Wolf Administration stresses the function Pennsylvanians play in serving to to cut back the unfold of COVID-19:
· Wash your palms with cleaning soap and water for no less than 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if cleaning soap and water aren’t out there.
· Cowl any coughs or sneezes together with your elbow, not your palms.
· Clear surfaces continuously.
· Keep house to keep away from spreading COVID-19, particularly in case you are unwell.
· When you should exit, you’re required to put on a masks when in a enterprise or the place it’s troublesome to take care of correct social distancing.
Up to date Coronavirus Hyperlinks: Press Releases, State Lab Photographs, Graphics
· Photos of the state’s lab in Exton (for obtain and use)
· Coronavirus and preparedness graphics (situated on the backside of the web page)
MEDIA CONTACT: Barry Ciccocioppo, firstname.lastname@example.org
# # #