This week, President Joe Biden acknowledged he supported raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour.
However what are the well being implications for elevating the minimal wage? More cash may imply an elevated potential to buy well being protection…or unhealthy meals. However these aren’t binary selections and the research is still evolving for how increased minimum wages affect our health.
Hearken to Well being Affairs’ Rob Lott and Jeff Byers focus on what’s occurring with the $15 minimal wage proposal, what it may imply for inhabitants well being, and what’s subsequent.
- Results Of Minimal Wages On Inhabitants Well being (Health Affairs)
- Well being, Earnings, & Poverty: The place We Are & What Might Assist (Health Affairs)
- CBO Analyzes American Rescue Plan Protection Expansions (Health Affairs Blog)
- Biden Picks One other Obama Veteran To Oversee Medicare, Medicaid (Washington Post)
- CVS Well being Will Return Aetna To Obamacare Market (Forbes)
- Anthem-backed Digital Startup Sharecare Goes Public In $3.9B Clean Examine Deal (Healthcare Dive)
- The Perils Of Extended Unemployment (Axios)